Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there are cash machines easily available and do they give out English money ?

Thanks
there are cash machines available in dolphin square but they can be a bit dodgy i took the bus to the hsbc bank and took my money out in sterling then went to the bank next door and got it changed into lira i got a better rate :)

when you get on the bus just tell them to let you off at the hsbc bank its really easy
Hi Guys, my husband, kids and I came home on 10th July, we had a relly lovely time and are booked to return at the end of May next year. Our daughter made some good friends, some of which are also returning the same week as we are.

The hotel was very nice, yes, a few minor problems that were sorted out quickly (well, we ended up getting our curtains on the last night, but had nets up so that didn't really matter)! The problems and incompleteness of some things no way ruined our holiday, it's just making us look forward to our holiday all the more next year.

The staff were really friendly, couldn't do enough to help you out and loved the kids. The Turkish Baths opened on 5th July, my husband and I would highly recommend using this, yes, you may pay a little more than if you were to go outside of the hotel for any of the treatments, but it is definitely worth it, and they do offer you discounts for repeat visits down there.

My husband used the gym whilst we were there and thought us was brilliant. i had problems trying to get my daughter out of the swimming pool!! She loved the slides, except the blue one, that was a little rough, maybe needs some sanding down. The pool was thought out very well, although it didn't have depth markers on.

We couldn't fault the food that was there, it was first class and the service was great too, look out for Yusaf in the restaurant, he's one of the managers in there, say hello from Jemma!! He went totally out of his way to help, on our last day we were being picked up at 13:00 and lunch starts at 12:30, so we just had time to grab something to eat, because Bodrum Airport is so expensive. Anyway, our 15 month old son had fallen asleep, well, Yusaf found us a couple of tin foil dishes and gave us something to wrap them in so we could take some food for him to eat on the journey to the airport, which I thought was really kind of him to do. The only thing I would say is that there wasn't a specific kids menu, but if your kids are anything like mine and eat pretty much anything, then there's something for them at each meal and the snack, ice cream and cookies and cake times during the day!!

The evening entertainment was good, and yes, if you're not on the ball you get dragged up, I know, I was up a couple of times!! The mini disco was good, my daughter is still going round singing the spanish song and doing all the actions!! The mini club opened a few days into our holiday, our daughter went a few times and really enjoyed herself. The play park that is next to the mini club is really good, although the best time is in the evening when the sand has cooled down.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, the longer we were there, the more things became available. Can't wait for next year, not looked at flights yet, but I'm sure I'll find some bargin!!

Jem
Hi,
I am about to book this holiday now have heard ok reviews apart from a few teething problems to be expected from a new resort.

I havent heard about the kids club yet. - Did anyone put thier little cherubs in?

Were they well supervised and safe?

Would be nice to get an hour by the pool in peace if possible.

Let me know anyone who has been as would be good to know prior to booking.

:tup
We got back yesterday, the place is brilliant, the quality of the fixtures and fittings is second to none,
you will look back in years to come and remember this hotel as being the best you have ever stayed in.

The flies seem to have gone in the panorama resteraunt over the last couple of days as well.

it got to 46'c last week and i underatannd that it will get to 50'c this week.
will write a fuller review when the washings done !
Hi, can anyone tell me if the villa's have a bath ? or is it only a shower ?

thanks julie

(travel dates 17-31August, three sons ages 17, 8 and 6)
shower only, dont worry you wont be dissapointed,

the cost of the drinks that arent included though is absoultely staggering,

remy martin and coke 28 ytl !!!!
:que
can someone tell me whereabouts this is is it near the penguin bar by any chance

suzie
didnt see that, its on the coast, looking out to see on the left hand side of the bay, near a leather shop called bianco.
Hi flying out to palm wings on 15th august for 2 weeks,(2 adults,2 children ages 15 and 16) has anyone stayed in the family rooms are they spacious and do they have have a balcony? and are they in the hotel block. Anyone else going this time with teenagers.

cheers Kerry :)
Hi and welcome to HT!

I have merged your post with an existing topic which may have some information.

luci :wave
very spacious a small balcony at the front and a bigger one at thr back.
the rooms areall small semi detached villas, unless you stay at the ritz carlton you wont be dissapointed. and it will be unbearably hot then as well.
Hi Kerry
We arrive 12 august 4 2 weeks
we will have our 15 year old daughter with us
lets hope the kids can get together and leave us to soak up the sun :cheers
Have u got boys or girls?

Yvonne
Hi. Yvonne,
Great if the kids could get together!
My son is 15 and my daughter is 16.
Cant wait! :sun2

Kerry.
hi
we also fly out that weekend on the 17th. 2 kids 15yr old girl and an 11 year old boy. we were worried there may not be many teens about but it sounds like they should be ok. looking forward to it but concerned about the heat.
We also fly out on the 17th August, have a son aged 17, and 2 younger sons aged 8 and 6.

Question

can any one tell me is the beach really made of orange builders sand ?
One report I read said it was, although the photo's I have seen doesn't seem to be the case, unless it has just been recently topped up with it, I do know builders sand isn't very good for the skin.
hi julie

many thanks for letting me know about the £10 charges, i cant wait now only a week to go but worried about the heat!! like others i suppose! :cheers see you at the bar x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.