Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi,you do get towels in room,and they give you towel cards for each of you for the pool & beach,i never took any towels at all
At Palm Wıngs at the moment

Hotel ıs very good
Food ıs very good for Turkey, fısh tuna chıcken veal salads desserts to dıe for and good measures at the bar
Rooms spacıous
You get towels and a card for beach towels,

İ wıll not be back on thıs sıte tıll my return to the uk on the 19th june

GM06
Ian
Can you tell me if there is the usual reserving of sunbed problem at the sunwings or do they not allow it?
just got back had a brill time
we reserved beds but it was quiet so i dont think you will struggle.

on a different note though..
this happened while we were there,
http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3072
and
http://video.populerhaberler.com/haber.php?baslik=%22Miss+Apollon%22+-+Didim&id=30792

it was great,. :rofl
Hi,

Thinking of booking with Sunwings for Palm Wings this August but a bit nervous as we've never heard of them before and likewise Onur air. Can anyone give us any feedback please. The reviews of the hotel seem good so don't think we'll have any problems with that. We went to the Royal Asarlik (Gumbet) last year but can't afford it this year.

Thanks in advance
:)
Hi,

We are going to the Palm Wings this year with Sunwings and went with them last year to the Hotel Fantasia. The service we received could not be faulted, the rep was really nice and helpful and at the end of a mobile phone when she wasn't at the hotel. Onur air are what you would expect of a turkish airline - food was pretty bad although I don't think they are serving meals this year, plane isn't the newest around and there's no telly on board but what do you expect for such a cheap holiday?! The Fantasia that we were at last year was the best accommodation we've ever stayed at.

Hope this helps, happy holidays!
we have booked with sunwings to go to palm wings july&aug.so far so good you get 20kg baggage allowance,you d'ont get airline tickets you just take your invoice to the check in. Onur air is just as good as any other budget airline.
Ailmor

Thanks for quick reply. Glad you had a good time and no problems. We are still looking but - as you say - for the money it's certainly worth a try.
We had a very pleasant and enjoyable experience staying here and after staying in numerous A/I in Turkey over the last 10 years we would rate this as the best yet.

(Although the transfer arrangments and luggage problems we experinced cused us a bit of grief but that is a seperate issue)

Check in was easy and Reception staff where helpful and efficient nothing was too much trouble and language was not a barrier.

Bell boys where busy running around in golf buggies delivering luggage and where only to happy to transport you around the site if you asked.

Rooms spacious, bungalow style with own patio, layout designed to give maximum privacy from room next door. Rooms cleaned every day with towels and bedding changed every couple of days or as needed if accidents occurred

Around the pool the where plenty of sun beds available at all times of day, although as where coming to the final few days a lot more guests checked in and choice of areas became limited. Mattress where available for 75% of the beds around the pool, It was windy during our stay and a lot of sun umbrellas where damaged so they became highly sought after.

The beach area was small but well maintained, we felt that this along with the decking area was a sun trap and it would have been very easy to get sunstroke/burnt

Food was plentiful with a wide choice available at all meals; we chose to eat early for breakfast and mid way through the lunch and evening meal sessions. There was always ample food available and by choosing these times we missed a lot of the mad rush. The waiting staff where for ever tidying up the tables to keep it clean although we did notice that the floors in the dining room and pool areas where in desperate need of a good clean

Entertainment was the usual assortment of games around the pool, shooting darts volley ball, water polo and the like evening entertainment was mini disco, bingo & quizzes. The animation team worked extremely hard to make things happen but met with a distinct lack of enthusiasm from us as we pointed out to them that we had come to read and relax. They took this on bard straight away and whilst they always spoke to us they never pestered us to join in. Music around was either easy going gentle on the area or bass so loud the where getting tribal responses from Kenya.

As with all holiday resorts where there is a cross section of nationalities there where both charming and extremely rude and inconsiderate people present.

Would I return to Palm Wings, yes but probably only for one week as a chill out venue out of the peak holiday times.

Beyond the hotel we found the resort of Altinkum looked tired and in need of a major face lift, please remember when reading this report this is only our opinions and many thousands of holiday makers return to Altinkum year on year.

(This report has also been posted in the hotel review section)
Well, today's rain and cold made me bite the bullet. I've just booked for 2 weeks at the Palm Wings on August 10th with Sunwings so it will be what it will be. It can't be as bad as staying here and something to look forward to.
well Ian it sounds as though you had a nice time at Palm Wings, we have only five weeks until we are there, can't wait. Can you tell us what is the best currency to take this year, last year we took english but all they wanted where we stayed was the euro, even the hotel couldn't change the money up. We,ve never had problems before so just want to check for this year. thanks for any help you can give us.
We took english / sterling, no problem spending it or converting to the turkish lira in hotel or resort

The health spa in the hotel prices up in euros but you can pay in lira (get a recept when paying)

Try the A la carte option in the hotel restaurant, costs about £4 each, we had Italian and friends did the fish menu amazing food, some will argue you have paid as part of the A/I but give it a whirl you will not be disapointed

Any extras you purchase has to be paid at reception

at the time we where there the hotel rate was 2.4 ytl in the hotel and 2 45 ytl in the local shops
were going to palm wings 17/7/09 two adults one kid[(9).have been told it wont be a villa we`re in but a family room (in the hotel possibly?)does anybody know anything about these rooms, also how far is it into altinkum,is it walkable.
how far is it into altinkum,is it walkable

Walk 200 yards out of the entance to the main road turn left and walk as far again and you will come to the the start of the resort of Altinkum (No1beach or Plage) there are bars restuarants and the dreaded karaoke there.

Keep the sea on your left and you will walk into the main area of Altinkum and eventually come to Dolphin square that is what we thought was the tourist centre.

A dolmus from the end of the hotel road is only 1.25 yt,l although it takes a circular route it will drop you off at the back of dolphoin square after about 20 mins.

We ate twice at "cafe del mar" and enjoyed it , that is in dolphin square on the sea front.

GM06
Ian
its definately walkable, but i bet you dont go in the day,
to ataturk blvd its probably a slow 20 mins.
its too hot in the day to walk though.
its interesting we had a meal in that restaurent and didn't enjoy it.
we thought the food was nicer in the hotel.

i sure you will like it.

one tip though, the little tinkers in the shop on the complex sold my 7 year old a lighter that was a gun, but it also gave you the strongest electric shock i have ever had,
they let my wife have a go much to their amusement. :D
The food in the hotel certainly is far better than "cafe del mar" and probably most of the other restaurants,
it was just nice to get away from the hotel and eat out for a change.

GM06
Ian
Have just read two new reviews on Tripadvisor saying that they had Salmonella while at Palm Wings and several guests had to go to hospital for IVs! Has anybody got any more information please as we go on 10th August.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.