Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
just booked for july 21 £1800 for villa family room so ill let people no what its like when i get back
Who did you book your deal with, is it for 2 weeks or 1?
2 weeks got quote of sunwings.co.uk printed it off then got PR World Travel to match it well they beat it by 50p and insurance was included for £1800 just hope its ok
I have just booked 2 weeks in August at palm wings beach resort, (booked through sunwings)

Myself, husband, and 3 sons, 17 , 8 and 6 years old, we have got a family villa that sleeps 5, we paid £3075, for 5 of us in August all inclusive this is a great deal.

I would love to read any reviews from any one, also would like to know if the villas have a bath, and what the evening entertainment is like.
We have booked 2 weeks startingh July28th for 2 adults/2children in family villa for £2200 also through SunWings.
We were a bit sceptical about booking as the hotel is rated as 5 stars and doesn't open until June.But we decided to go for it as we couldn't find anything near this price bracket and with it being a brand new resort we expect it should be ok, just a little worried about teething issues, but hopefully we won't experience any problems.
Looks very nice on official website.Also seen that "on the beach" are selling it as well.
We think that once it's up and running and big tour operater's start to sell it the price will shoot right up.
Looking forward to going,will post review upon our return
has anybody been to Altinkum before?
what is it like?
it looks very baron, fields and nothing there excerpt a main road and fields, can anybody enlighten me
Thanks!!
i go 21 july ill probley see most of you there so my report on the place aint going to be much use to the 2 of you how are going just after me
I have been to Altinkum many times and when you get there you will find it is not anything like you have described. It is a big resort now and has something for everyone. There is loads going on and some lovely places to see, loads of trips etc. There are a lots of bars and restaurants there and its a great family resort. Hope you have a great holiday I am not going this year for the first time in 8 year and I really will miss it. My daughter is going back september and really cant wait. Jacqui
Just a quick update - Thomson are now selling this hotel and same holiday as we have booked but going one day earlier is £5200 some £3000 dearer.
Wow , as I posted earlier I booked 2 weeks mid August 3 adults 2 kids for £3000 (booked via sunwings)
I just checked on thomson.co.uk they want £ 6,370.00 .

As I don't go until mid August anyone who goes before me, please leave your reviews here, also I would like recommendations on trips etc (boat trips) things to do, I have 3 sons ages 17, 8 and 6.

Thanks

Julie
Thanks for the advice. It has helped me make my mind up and I have booked in here for me, the wife and 2 teenage boys to go 28th July for 2 weeks. Sunwings did this for £2000 less than Thompson. and have seemed to put there price up a touch from earlier in the year when some of you booked. I got a family villa for 4 people £3299 including transfer, the kids were charged at adult price, that may be why it was more expensive. Sunwings told me that they own this hotel did you know this ?
I have never flown with Onur airlines before, has anyone had experience of this airline ?

Regards
Ian
if sunwings own this hotel would that make it exclusive to the uk?
no as they told me that they have offices in other parts of the world, holland etc. and they are selling it there and other countries.
i have just booked sunwing Price family villa august 14 nights £2354.
Thomson price £5152.
It also has a good write up on thomsons.
trishdish what dates in August are you going ?

I am there 18th-31st August.

Julie
Onur air are like a turkish budget airline. They are ok we have flown with them a few times. They no longer serve food and there are no TV`s or radios so do be sure to take magazines etc. Jacqui
There is a topic on Onur Airlines in our Flights forum.

luci :wave
Hi Julie
We there 11th - 25th Aug
I'll see you there
Trish
I have just booked this myself july 14th for one week,
cannot wait , does anyone have any pointers about the resort never ever been to turkey before.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.