Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
we should start seeing the reports filtering through any day now
Flying out from Edinburgh to palm wings on 22/07 for a week. Me and the Missus and two girls aged 13 & 8. looking forward to the break. bit of a worry with it just opening but I'm sure it will be great..Hope to see you all there. willl post review on return............ :wave:
Hi

I have just booked this via sunwings for 2 Adults and 2 children (boy 9, girl 7) departing on 21st July from Manchester for two weeks. Airline is onur air departing at 21:00.

Paid £2,474 for a villa 3-5 persons and last minute.com are also selling this holiday now. Thomson are still selling at over £5,000 for the same holiday.

Sunwings who were very professional have advised that I just need to take my e-mail confirmation to the onur air checking desk and somebody from sunwings will meet us at the airport. Is that normal?

Lets hope the its as good as it looks and the food is ok.

Regards
JD - HULL
First page of Turkey discussion forums, second subject down says 'Turkey Hotel Reviews', click on it and it will give you all the countries, choose Turkey then scroll down to 'P' and Palm wings is there. Not a very long review but it's a good start.!

Fee

Ps never been very good at directions, so hope the above makes sense!!! :duh
Just click on Hotel Reviews at the top of the page, then Turkey and you should find it there.

luci :wave
Just read the first review, and im getting excited about getting there as i fly out on the 16th july
does anyone no any more about the all inclusive??

Craig
Arrived Sunday 6th 7am.

Hotel is nearly complete - all rooms and main areas are up-and-running. Layout and accommodationm cannot be faulted. This is probably as near to a real 5* as it gets in Turkey. Rooms are spacious - we have what is classed as a one-room booking but there is a lounge with a pull-out bed which our 14 year-old is more than happy with.

Still under construction is the disco and a promenade area - but this is set aside from the main resort area and therefore the completion seems to have been carefully planned.

Very pleased with the deal we got because convinced that next season this will be double the price!

JOhn & Susan
ps Weather is mid 30s C and clear skies ;-)
That sounds like good news then,

we are flying out this moinday , dont suppose theres any more pictures knocking around anwhere (other than the flickr ones) ?
hi there, we have just returned today from staying at palm wings resort in its first week of opening. on arrival we were greeted with wine and very helpful and friendly staff. we got transported to our little house bit by golf cart thing, lol they dont even want you to walk! the wee housey thing was very nice. double bedroom with loads of storage space, nice living room with 2 sofa beds and a plasma tv and patio doors out to the patio where we had a table and 4 chairs. there was A/C in the living room and bedroom but the bedroom one was a bit dodgy until about the 3rd day when it suddenly started working fine.. much to our delight as it was bloody roasting!
meal times were nice when we got to eat outside for the first 2 days, but as more guests arrived food was served in the big pnorama restaurant which was fine but flies seemed to swarm in and were all over the food which made you want to eat first to ensure the food wasnt covered in fly bits.
the staff were mega friendly however the turkish holiday makers there did tend to get preferencial treatment. the waiters would be bringing bread and wine to their table whilst you struggle to even get them to bring you some cutlery..
the pool is MASSIVE but the surrounding areas for loungers isnt. it seems crammed in comparrison to the total hugeness of the pool.
the hotel is in a really nice area, youre just a short walk to a supermarket and other bars if you like it a bit rowdier, dolphin square in altinkum is 15lira in a taxi away, kinda like blackpool but without the charm! the way to get around the area is by dolmus. they are every 15 mins or so and run all day till late at night, its 1lira 25 for the fare wich is roughly 50p? so its really cheap to use to go up to temple of apollo which i recommend and to go to the pazar market in didim on saturdays but prepare to get hassled!!
the entertainment team were very enthusiastic and the kids seemed to love it. the outside amphitheatre is cool but mega loud whilst the entertainment is on and sad for you if, like us, you want an early night before you leave in the middle of the night for your transfer to the airport. we were quite close to this though so you might be ok if youre further away..
all in all we had a fantastic week, i'm really nitpicking here and it really was jsut finding its feet. we were offered a free week next year all inclusive for being the first ever guests and we'll really look forward to this! just need to find some cheap flights :) overall i'd give this hotel 9/10 when its up and running fine, highly recommended.
Hi everyone,

Please could someone who has been let us know if they have a kids club and what is it like. I have a 6 , 8 and 10 year old.
Is anyone taking any money and if so which currency weve been told euros by some people and turkish liera by others
its all so confusing!

also does anyone have any pictures of the rooms?

Happy Holidays :sun2
Hi Mcmanus4

I do agree with you so many people tell you different things but I have been told by my travel agent it is Liera :que

Enjoy your hols
Ian Tracy
im taking euros.

there are a few mumblings about the hotel on dare i say it trip advisor,
hi we have just returned from the palm wings and it was brilliant.

most of the shops accept turkish liera, euros, and you get a better deal with english money.

the resort was incomplete when we arrived but did not hold us back in any thing we wanted to do.
we preferred the beach as it is private with sun loungers with cushions lovely!
watch children on the beach as the water had quite a few huge rocks, as we were leaving they staff were trying to rmove most of the bigger rocks i think they may have had some complaints about them.
beach towels suppled everyday, food was good, staff very friendly, entertainment crew were funny but beware like to involve audience i found myself on stage even though tried to refuse lol !
the rooms are lovely. i think next year the prices will double for this hotel.
all in all we had a great time and would certainly return. i would rate 9/10 for hotel.

elaine
Hi Elaine and welcome to HT!

We would appreciate it if you could post a review in our Hotel Reviews section.

luci :wave
there are a few mumblings about the hotel on dare i say it trip advisor,

No there isn't. I monitor both sites and there is only one person who had no curtains in his room. I dont know what people expect in the first week, he should have just asked for a different rooom
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.