Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There have been a few replies re the kids club, all good.
6 days to go, but I am concerned, we are flying with Onur airlines from Gatwick , I have read some really awful reviews about the airline, does any one here have info about them ?

also the web site says seats are allocated at check in, but some reviews I have read, claim it's a free for all to grab seats on the plane ?
Im going on thursday! and flyiong with Onur Air!!
Really looking forward to it!!
We are going to palm wings beach resort on 29th august for 2 weeks.We are flying with onur air.Can someone whos flown with them tell me whats it like?We take our 2 boys (12 and 7).Is anyone else going on that date with kids similar ages?
Angie
I got to be honnest, the flight was poor. No film/radio etc. No free drinks or food. There is a trolley service with scabby sandwiches and drinks you can pay for (£2.40 for a can of coke), so I would by from the airport as it was "slightly" cheaper. Leg room was fine.

Seat allocation was at check in, but do ask to be put together if you are a family.

Paul

By the way, if you search for "Palm Wings Beach Resort" on youtubedotcom (it will not let me put in links for some reason), you'll find some vids I put up of the hotel, which is fab - (I came back a week ago).
Thanks for the info.I will make sure to buy drinks and bring food for the flight.Gonna have a look on utube now.
Angie
Just had a look on utube.Looks really nice,really looking forward to our holiday now.Is anyone else going there end of august with kids?
Angie
wish i was going back, there is a really bad report on it though appeared
Yes I read it but most other reports are positive.I think by the time we get there everything should be finished.I hope so anyway lol.We got a good deal with monster travel.2 weeks all inclusive 4 people £2450 that includes parking at manchester airport and transfers.
angie
Hi There we have booked to go on here August 31st for 2 weeks with Sunwings, we are a couple in our rearly 40's. Anyone else going to be there that time? :cheers
Yes we are going on the 29th of august.Cant wait counting the days lol.
i have been once this year and will definately go back next year.
Hi

Could someone please tell me if the hotel operates a dress code for the buffet restaurant in the evenings? As the temperature is going to be about 30 degrees in the evening next week, I was planning on wear a smart T-shirt and 3/4 length trousers. Do you think this will be OK?

Thanks
The only dress code in the hotel is no swim wear 8-)
Paul
Just wondering if anyone has stayed in this new accomodation, on an all-inclusive basis.
hi

yes just back after 2 weeks. AI is ok. food ok but not fantastic. restraunt was actually improving last couple of days though. you can have 1 meal in a la carte as well though we didnt bother as it was 2 set menus which the kids didnt like. you do need AI to be honest it would cost a fortune otherwise. you can also canoe and use the pedalo each day. they say for half hour but no one seemed to mind if you went more than once each day. ice creams are only for an hour each day and drinks are a bit basic , local drinks, lager and red or white wine they do limited cocktails but the presentation of them is very basic. tea coffee and hot choc squash and water machines around the complex as well plus fanta cola sprite. fridge in the room one bottle of water each day. safe also free and pool towels. plenty of sun beds by the beach fantastic decked area, pool often busy but as we left this weekend it has quietened down.

hotel is in a fantastic location and we had a great time. They are rtying to make minor improvements all the time.
I posted a review about this hotel a few weeks ago and I have just gone back to see if it was up. A section I wrote has been removed before being posted. I cant understand why this was as it was something that was very important.

It all revolved around the beach restaurant and what happened when my 14 year old son complained to a chef that the chips were cold. The Chef took hold of his hand and put it against the heated hot water drums that the tray of chips was sitting on. Whilst this didnt burn his hand, it caused him pain enough to pull his hand away. ********(the customer relations girl) was eating there at the time and said she would look into it after I had exploded at the chef and complained to ******** girl about this. I knew she wouldnt do anything as I had previously asked her to get bit fixed in my room and nothing had happened. so I went straight away to reception and asked to speak to the manager. I eventualy got to see him 40 mins after first asking as the man on reception, kept trying to fob me off. The manager listened to what I had to say and said he would investigate, but he never got back to me before I went home 5 days later..

I didnt swear in the review, so why would this be removed ?

I thought my review was fair, and I praised certain parts of the hotel.. Would I go back... NO.. its aimed at the Turkish and English people are treated as second class people by the staff
Understand your frustration Uberstonks, but sometimes in order to protect our legal interests, reviews have to be edited to remove any potentially libelous comments.

Kath HT Admin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.