Whilst we would have been disappointed had we have travelled with our 3 children, you get what you pay for.
Main critisisms include:
- Cold "junk" food at lunchtime dished up on a side plate (Child sized portions). Under the trades description act burger and chip would be more appropriate!
- Gangster rap music blasting out constantly from the bar area including all the associated swearing and highly offensive sexual language. (Husband would have gone mad if the kids had been with us).
- Be prepared to walk quite a distance to access any form of entertainment.
- Ignorance / rudeness of the bar staff. Very little banter something we always associate with the lovely nature of Turkish people. (Don't think it helped that their understanding of the English Language was very poor).
- We got what we paid for. People need to be realistic.
- Cleanliness is really important to me and I had little cause concern in this department.
- Holidays are also about the people you meet and we met some great couples. The fact the hotel was so small meant that it was easy to develop friendships. Also the discussions around lunch time meals and what we would order gave us huge entertainment. (e.g. my husbands meatballs that resembled a burger cut into strips!)
- The pool was clean and the hotel was not busy.
Travel operator: Gold Trail
We were taken to the Kos, first impression's we had that it was on a very dark road,the room was tiny and the air conditioning we had to pay for did not work very well.
To reach the centre of Bodrum you need to navigate some very dark & winding streets in the dark. On the second night 2 men on a scooter attempted to grab my bag from my shoulder, so if you do go to this hotel and I strongly suggest you dont, be on your guard when walking at night.
Goldtrail was the worst firm I have ever come across. Please take my advice and avoid Goldtrail and this hotel like the plague!
Travel operator: Goldtrail
I started my holiday on a b&b package but up graded to all inclusive for
Travel operator: gold trail
First of all the flights left Glasgow about 1/2 hour late which wasn't too bad. The flight itself was pleasant enough although there was no inflight entertainment, it is also important to note that buying drinks etc on board the airline doesn't take Scottish money, only English or euros!! (Black mark right away)
On arrival at the airport the transfer was quick to our destination, Bodrum. We arrived at the Kos Hotel and very quickly were shown to our room. It was very small, dark and a bit dreary to say the least but I was expecting a large room as this was what the website said about the accomodation. However we decided to stay there for a few days to see what else was available. We soon found out that, yes, there are better and bigger rooms but they are more around the pool which would result in more noise!! We decided to stay where we were and all in all it served its purpose e.g. sleeping in it!
The pool area was very clean and in the main there where plenty of sunbeds but the hotel was still quite quiet.
There is an annex to the hotel where apparently the rooms are very very small and in need of renovation but I didn't see them so it is only what other holidaymakers have said. It has its own pool so when the main pool got quite noisey a lot of people went up there for peace and quiet.
We did feel the rooms were cleaned regularly enough so that helps!
We stayed Bed and Breakfast which was o.k. It was continental and some days you were lucky to get a boiled egg, it was generally bread, jam, salad. Gave it a miss most days. The hotel offered All inclusive also and unfortunately there were lots of complaints that the food was very poor, although the lunches were moderate.
The main problem was that the bar didn't open till 11 am, and until then you couldn't even get a glass of water so people found this annoying. I felt sorry for a young couple who had 4 kids with them as there were no ice creams or snacks that they could have during the day like other AI in other resorts. All ice creams had to be paid for and they were expensive. In general the AI package was dissappointing according to the people I spoke too.
The people in the hotel were all really nice and everyone seemed to enjoy it even the 20 odd Liverpool supporters, who were great fun!
Travel operator: Gold Trail
Flight out was awful as the air-con on the plane was knackered (First Choice) but much better on the way back (Monacrch).
Gold trail were, to say the least, disorganised and turned up late on all but one occasion for excursion trips. As Pete(Who I met out there) has said, the pool had no safety equipment at all, but was clean. The staff were great, no problems there at all.
The all inclusive was a bit of a rip off as the lunch was not a la carte(as Pete said) and the dinners got a bit boring after 6 nights, same sort of thing all the time.
I would highly recommend Turkey and its people, fantastic place with planty to do, but I cannot recommend the KOS Hotel due to its lack of amenities. Sat TV was also advertised, but sadly is non existent!
Travel operator: Gold Trail
- It's far away from a beach.
- It's far away from Bodrum towncentre.
- It's far away from Pubs and entertainment
- There are no Dolmus or Buses who are passing by the
- The waiters are a bunch of swindlers!
- The son of the hotel boss is a spion, he always looks
if you bring drinks into the hotel, and then he start
complaining to you (when we have to take medication
with water, thats our problem, not his. The tapwater is
not drinkable )We are not criminals. The bar opens at
11 a.m. What shall we drink before?
- Don't take a room on the groundfoor. We got one. One
night, after check in, luggage still on the floor heavy rain, 20cm water in the room, phone, camera, camcorder, mp3player, 5 pair of shoes, everything in the dirty water. All total loss!
- One beer today
Travel operator: Mediterra
Ask a Question
Got a question? Ask our community of over 1.5 million users.