28 independent reviews of the Sweet Memories Apartments
Address: P.O. Box 69, 5310, Cyprus
Sweet Memories Apartments
Sweet Memories Apartments Location
Ranked #12 of 50 hotels in Protaras

Sweet Memories Apartments Sweet Memories Apartments is rated 4.14 out of 5 from 28 Reviews

Sweet Memories Apartments Reviews

Anita Gamble had a holiday at Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel, Protaras, Cyprus in May 2009
Stayed here for a week with no problems. It was a \'cheepy\' week for us and I must admit it was probably at the lower end of the standard of accommodation I would normally seek. However, having said that, there was absolutely everything required to make it a great week. Accommodation was a little dated and whilst there was an equipped kitchen it was very basic. We were originally given a ground floor apartment but requested to be moved as I personally dont like ground floor and it was right next to the children\'s play area. Staff kindly agreed for us to move but the only other one bed apartment ready was on the top floor of the main building (floor 5)and the lift was not working on that day. We still however took ...
the apartment (74 steps to climb!!) and what a fantastic move for us. View from bedroom window was little church on hill and view from rather generous balcony was the sea - bonus. The lift was fixed in a couple of days, however as I am a little wary of lifts and in this case it looked extremely rickety and old, my hubby and I took the steps every time. We reckoned it was good exercise but as the week went on and the heat just kept creeping up higher it defo got harder work................but we did it........we never used the lift all week, not even with our luggage.

The staff at this complex were all very friendly and helpful. We were there at the beginning of the season and so everything was of course all new and clean and the complex was not completely full. From a personal point of view, I dont think I would like it as much in high season as I can imagine it would get a little noisy. However If I was asked to name a fault with the accommodation I would struggle. A lot of what I would change is down to personal preference.

As previous posts mention, there was a whole load of shopping left in apartment for arrival. What a great idea although I do think they leave a little too much. Anything you dont want however can be taken back to reception the next day. Basics such as water, milk, tea, beer, crips etc. are more than welcome on a late night arrival but they did leave numerous other unnecessary items which I presume they hope you will buy. However I saw a lot of guests returning shopping to reception which just then gets put back into the minimarket but the likes of cheese etc. has been out of the fridge for a while in the heat and then placed back in the fridge in the minimarket for sale, so for things that this could have happened to we chose to buy from another supermarket. Incidentally Alpha Zeta I think it is called, just left out of the complex, is a great supermarket. Still, the idea of shopping in your apartment on arrival is very thoughtful of the complex.

The location of the complex is ideal so long as you dont want to be in the \'heart\' of everything. About a 5-10 minute stroll to the start of the strip but also a good choice of restaurants nearby the complex. There was no entertainment at the complex when we visited but I am sure that will change as the season progresses. Clare and Shaun who run the bar were very very friendly and they do their bit to entertain the visitors. Costas, the night watchman, will inundate you with his homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers on a night but how very sweet he was.

All in all, I would revisit this complex particularly early season.

Deb visited the Sweet Memories Apartments in October 2008
Just got back from one week at Sweet Memories Apartments. After much research on this website, I opted for these and was certainly not disappointed and would definately return and would recommend them. We had a one bedroom apartment away from the main building which we preferred. The apartments are cleaned every other day with fresh linen and towels provided. The kitchen is basic, kettle, toaster and 2 rings to cook on but this did not matter to us, we did use the facilities but also ate out. We did eat at the bar/restaraunt at Sweet Memories and the food was really nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful, really lovely people. Cannot comment on the entertainment, I\'m sure there was some provided but we went out every night. The pool was clean and more than enough sunbeds for everyone.

Tommy & Avril visited the Sweet Memories Apartments in October 2008
This was our second visit to Sweet Memories and it was just as good as the first. Nice to see most of the same staff still there, which I thing is a good sign. We took the family with us this time and they enjoyed it, they all said they would go back again to Sweet Memories. Apartments are always clean and nothing is a problem to the staff. Food is good and reasonably priced. One of the reasons we chose Sweet Memories was because of good reviews we had read and also the location was excellent, not too near the main resort but also not too far away, as my mum was with us and in her 70\'s it wasn\'t too far for her to walk to the main resort. Barbecue and Elvis ...
night shouldn\'t be missed, it was superb. Since coming home from holiday our 12yr old keeps asking \"when are we going back\". We will definitely go back and would recommend these apartments to anybody that was thinking of going on holiday to Protaras.

nikki clews visited the Sweet Memories Apartments in September 2007
this was our first stay in cyprus we loved it. mainlly because of where we stayed, they made us so welcome, the staff are all very helpful and can\'t do enough to make your stay stress free. the breakfasts are the best just

Andrew Shanks visited the Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras in July 2007
Room was basic but clean.Maids work realy hard all day.Air conditioning was a bit noisy and needs upgrading but did the job.Food at the apartments was of good quality and very reasonably priced. BBQ night was well worth the money.Apartments well situated on the main road between the main strip and the quieter area of Penera.Hotel staff were very friendly and had good occasional entertainment. Would definitely go back to these apartment.

Tour Operator: Olympic Holidays

mrs jamieson visited the Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel, Protaras in July 2007
we had a brilliant holiday here and will be coming back next year, it was our first time here and would recomend it to anyone, the staff was so friendly and helpful and would do anything to make your stay a pleasant one,angie worked the bar during the day and was brilliant, realy looking forward to seeing her next year,and lisa and adrian worked on the evening and was just as friendly, rooms was big, plenty room,and kept clean by the cleaners that came every day,the pool area was good to, plenty sunbeds to choose from,just looking forward to my next holiday in sweet memories, and will be taking the family with us aswell.

Tour Operator: libra

mrs w gilchrist visited the Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel, Protaras in July 2007
the sweet memories apartments in protares are very friendly & clean the staff are great especially angie who runs the bar area during the day with her helper ? stefan. the cleaners were very good they did the apartments everyother day with regular clean bed linen &towels. the welcome food pack was quite useful and easy to return unwanted things straight away.
the en tertainment was only monday & friday but well worth staying in for. bar staff on a night was adrian &lisa, they are having a baby this year so good luck to them.
nightwatchman was a lovely old man could\'nt speak english but very friendly. the lady who worked reception during the day sometimes was miserable,but she was the only one.

Kerry had a holiday at Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras in October 2006
The Sweet Memories are located on the

Tour Operator: Independent

elli and eddi had a holiday at Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel, Protaras in September 2006
We didn\'t stay in the sweet memories hotel, we stayed in an adjacent hotel but found we spent every morning and a lot of the evenings in the sweet memories hotel. It was fab.

We cannot fault the staff, the food was very very good and inexpensive.

The drag act and kareoke on Friday night was so good we went twice. Adrian and Lisa who manage the bar were friendly, helpful and hard working always going out of their way to met your needs.

We will definintely book sweet memories in 2007.

Tour Operator: mytravel

Lisa stayed at Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras, Cyprus in July 2006
This was our 1st visit to Sweet Memories and certainly wouldn\'t be the last. It was perfect.

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment which I think was the only 2 bedroom and was huge. It slept 6 of us. Very basic but nice and everything we needed. It was cleaned regular, plenty of towels and sheets changed regular. Our balcony was huge. never seen a balcony like it. We had a view of Ayios Elias church on 1 side, sea view and also pool view. It was the best.

The staff were great and very helpful. The night man was very friendly, he didn\'t speak much English but always gave a lovely smile and asked if we were ok. We hired 2 big fans because it was much cheaper than the air conditioning which we thought was expensive at

BoB visited the Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras in June 2006
What can I say. We have now been 7 times and booked up for 2007 as soon as we came back. Best beachs only 15/20 minute walk.

To many good places to eat but if you have not used the Supper \'S\' you\'ve missed a good night out.

The reason I have not rated the entertainment is that I hate karaoke with a passion and drag acts whats that about!

Tour Operator: Lybra

littlewood visited the Sweet Memories Apartments in June 2006
second visit to cyprus first time here.had agreat time everyone was great from reception to the night porter a lovely old guy.food was quite good and resonable.entertainmant was goos had shows from up on the strip too u have to see the drag show very funny

Tour Operator: olympic

Gordon had a holiday at Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel in May 2006
We stayed on a self catering basis in a one bedroomed apartment which was cleaned/towels/bedding changed regularly. It was basic but it was all you would expect. Our view wasn\'t very good but we hadn\'t specified pool view.

We were only approximately 10-15 minutes walk away from the main strip which had loads of bars/restaurants and a karaoke every couple of yards.

Staff at the hotel were very welcoming and the people who worked in the hotel bar were really nice.

Entertainment left a bit to be desired but didn\'t rely on this anyway. Beach wasn\'t far away either, with a couple of different one\'s to choose from.

Don\'t rely on the bus service to get about, Cyprus time is different to ours! Would definitely return here.

Carole stayed at Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras, Cyprus in April 2006
This having been my first time in Cyprus there was only one thing for me which was bad and that was having to come home!

Sweet Memories was just lovely. The staff Clare and Sean were so nice and welcoming though it was only the second week of the season and the Cypriot easter so the entertainment was quiet at the hotel though they did have a b-b-q with karaoke which I deafened a few but got a free shot each time I sang ha ha.

The self catering amenities were real good with all kitchen things even down to the washing up liquid and sponge on arrival. We were supplied with a mini shop with things like water pop butter etc to get you started all payable to the hotel s/market was so cheap it is advisable to get your ...
bits and bobs from there as down on the strip everything is double + the price.

The location of hotel is good in the day as it is about 10 mins from the main shops but as 80% of hotels were not open yet it seems ages away a bit of a niggle about the noticeboards these were not updated at all and were not very visible at all.

Would I visit this hotel again most certainly would.

Tour Operator: Libra

barry & kelly holdcroft visited the Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel, Protaras in August 2005
This is our second visit to Sweet Memories on both occasions we had a lovely time.

The rooms and grounds are kept very clean with a regular maid service.

The food around the bar area is basic but always nice.

The location is good as you are not far from the strip which consists of plenty of bars and restaurants.

Staff were very friendly especially Shaun and Claire who made us feel very welcome, the Elvis night was good.
Greek night and karaoke was well worth staying in Sweet Memories.

Hopefully we will go back again one day

If you are reading this Shaun and Claire thanks again for a great holiday.(Cocktails and shots were good)

Tour Operator: olympic

Paul & Jayne stayed at Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras in July 2005
What can we say about Sweet memories apartments, It certainly didn\'t leave us with any lasting sweet memories of our visit!!

We have visted the resort of Protaras on five previous occasions and the resort is great. However, it was our first(and last!) time to the Sweet Memories apartments. The manager was very unhelpful and everything was too much trouble for him. The receptionist was very miserable and unfriendly and the evening bar staff couldn\'t really care less if you were there buying drinks from their bar or not.

The rooms were basis and some things had been left broken. The maids were suppose to come on regular basis but it was a few days before we saw even saw a maid touch our apartment.

The B-B-Q night that is organised isn\'t really up to much either. ...
As as soon as you queued up for the food it was being taken away so you had to be quick to get anything to eat.

The pool was nice however it did get very busy so you were sometimes hard pushed to find a sun lounger. We did feel that the pool was situated in a bad position as you had to weave around the poolside to find your way back to the appartments which wasn\'t really safe for adults of children at night when there was no lighting to guide you back and it somtimes got very slippery.

The only positive point of these apartments was that we found the supermarket in the hotel very cheap and reasonable.

Still love and highly recommend Protaras as a resort however there are much nicer and cleaner apartments to stay at then in Sweet Memories apartments.

Tour Operator: Olympic holidays

Lindsay stayed at Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel in July 2005
My friend and I went to Sweet Memories as a last minute girlie holiday and it was fab.

We stayed in a studio room, which was small but fine for us. It had the godsend of air con, which make the room like ice which is great after lying in the sun all day.

We ate some meals at the hotel and the food was really good, and cheap.

The staff were all very nice and friendly.

I\'m hoping my husband and I will be going there this year.

brick visited the Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras, Cyprus in June 2005
excellent

Tour Operator: select

emma thorpe had a holiday at Sweet Memories Apartments Hotel, Protaras in April 2005
This year my mum and dad took all of us to Sweet Memories as they had been the previous year and loved it. There was an older couple, three women of 24-34, two under ones and one 4yr old.

The staff were excellent, and the bag of essentials that you can choose to have on arrival was excellent

I was a little worried about the open stair area as my one yr old had fallen down the stairs before leaving and they were open and concrete.

The hotel is very well situated, and we highly recommend using Poseidon diving school locally www.poseidondiveing.com

We are going back in September and then again in May.

They also do a fantastic full cooked breakfast for 2 pounds.

The evening bar staff are now called Sean and Clare and they were friendly and did a ...
quiz most nights, hi to Nicky who works in the bar serving the food during the day as she was a great laugh as well.

All in all a wonderful holiday.

George Smith visited the Sweet Memories Apartments, Protaras in October 2004
First time we had stayed at the Sweet Memories apartments and will be going again as soon as we can next year. The room was more than expected for a two star, very clean and bright and spacious enough not to keep bumping into each other.

The location of the hotel was quite good as you were near enough to walk into the main centre but far enough away not to be in the middle of it at night and as for the staff they were great! Stu and Emma were always on form and made you feel very much at home and it was a pleasure to go back in the evening knowing they were there ( esp Emma!! Sorry Stu!! ha! ha! )

The only entertainment was a bar-b-q and karaoke but all the same it was a great ...
evening ( from what I can remember Thanks Stu! )

The night porter although we did not understand a word each other said had a good old chat over a game of football that was on the telly one night!! and a very nice touch was when he brought some tomato and cucumber from home cut it up and put it on the table for us on the first night we were there.

Would I go back?? Yes in May...........2005