34 independent reviews of Cala Blanca, Spain

Cala Blanca Hotels

Cala Blanca Reviews

Peter visited here on May 2004
Very quiet.
Easy to travel by public transport to other places.
The whole area seemed quiet and when talking to cafe/bar owners, they were concerned how quiet it was.
For a relaxing time doing nothing then this resort is fine.

Graham & Kelly visited here on May 2004
Resort:- quiet and peaceful, me and my girlfriend felt the odd one out as it was either old couples, families, or young couples with a baby, but still was plenty to do.

Beach:- Beach isn't superb, sandy at the back but at the waters edge a lot of seaweed washed up, found the pool area better to stay all day, also a lot of Bass Fish swimming around.

Restaurants:- Eat around 7:45=8:00pm down by the beach, sun setting over the coves is superb, throw bits of bread and see the swarm of fish appear, recommend any restaturant down the the beach there are about 3-4 on either side.

Bars:- Quite a few, but without doubt the best one was the ...
Key West Tropical Bar, this is on the right hand side of the beach, there is a parrot as you walk through the door keeping guard, they have live music, karaoke, always a lively atmosphere, pool tables, air hockey, comefortable chairs, big screen tv.

All the other bars of located down the road on the right, Irish Pub Blarney Stone, Tonys Bar and a couple of others, Iguana Bar is also really nice, massive tv screen, that's a bit further down the road on your right.

Prices:- Food is cheap, but very nice and big portions, drinks in Bars are roughly what you would pay here, in some bars more expensive, one bar paid over 3 for a bottle of WKD Blue. Fags are not cheap for 200, about 21-25 pound, much cheaper then UK, but Majorca and other places I've been in Greece you could get 200 fags for about 12-15.

My partner and I loaded up with alcohol from the Supermarket, really cheap, 3 for 6 bottles of Bud about 2 for a bottle of white wine, then just drunk before and after we went out.

Best Supermarket, turn right from Vista Playa reception, about 50 yards you will see a sign for the Supermarket, turn right into side road, also this is where you can get English Papers.

Insects:- Really good, didn't see on Cockroach, although a lot of Bees and Hornets but they leave you alone. Becareful of the tiny looking flies, they are actualy little mosquitoes, both me and my partner got bit a lot, we thought they were harmless flies as they were so small.

Weather:- Beautiful, not a cloud in the Sky, high 80\'s all week, but as Menorca is know for its wind, a nice gentle breeze kept it feeling cool, which meant staying in the sun was easy and got a great tan. Evenings are cool too so no sweating when wearing jeans and a shirt which was nice.

People staying at Vista Playa via Thompsons don't go on the Dancing Horses Trip, a complete rip off. 50 for a 3 course meal, 2 free bottles of wine and entrance to the dancing horses show, brilliant we thought, the rep left out a few important details. You are sitting on a table with about 10 other people, 2 free bottles are shared between the 10 of you. 3 course meal consisted of lettuce with a bit of cheese on, hard stale bread with no butter. Main course was a kids portion of chicken and chips, then a dollop of ice cream. Horses show, if you had made your own way there entrance was only 12, so Thompson's stung us 38 for that rubbish 3 course meal.

The dancing horses were not impressive, made them stand on their back legs, walk sideways, got there acts looking rehearsed, fancy costumes for the riders but nothing impressive, so be warned, and if you do want to go, hire a car or get a taxi as we all complained about the rip off meal.

Also Thompsons tried to save on money by using one coach to take people to 2 different resorts after landing, took us 2 hours to get from the Airport to out hotels. Our resort was last, I certainly wasn't happy with their penny pinching. Meant a longer coach ride then the actual flight from Gatwick. Those were the only 2 downsides, but that was Thompsons fault.

So anyone going to Vista Playa or Cala Blanca, hope the above helped and I hate you as I wish I was back there!

Brian visited here on April 2004
Cala Blanca is a small town and to be fair, we mainly used the southern side, consisting of the Hotel Cala Blanca, the local Spar shop catering to the holiday trade, the beach and only the occasional walk into the town proper.

The resort is kept clean and tidy by female road sweepers!
We did not use the entertainment in the town so cannot really comment and have given it an average score. The beach, along with some other beaches had a lot of seaweed on it after some bad storms, and it seems that they are not allowed to remove this seaweed as it is good for the sand and marine wildlife. It was not unpleasant to walk on to ...
get to the sea but I would have thought that at least they would have made a path through it.

Plenty of bars etc and a lifeguard on duty, sunbeds and parasols for hire.

Again, I probably would not visit this resort again - not because of any complaint - just because 2 weeks was enough to see it. We had a good holiday in Menorca, Cala Blanca was the quiet resort we wanted (apart from the birds) We had a couple of overcast days, one with light rain, but generally hot and sunny.

Gail visited here on August 2003
Found the resort of Cala Blanca to be very safe. Didn\'t have to worry about our teenagers safety when visiting the shops etc. on their own. If you wander a little further than the commercial centre you will find plenty of good restaurants at very reasonable prices and good food. Large hypermarket a short bus ride away if you want to self cater and cook your own food. Didnt need to hire a car as the bus services were quite adequate to take you most places. Will keep going back.

Natalie Newfeld visited here on June 2003
It\'s just a 5 minute walk up the road into the centre of Cala Blanca where there are lots of restaurants, bars, shops, supermarket, etc.

I\'d reccomend anyone not to bother hiring a car before you go. We hired one for the whole 2 weeks which was a complete waste of money. Just hiring one once you get there for a few days is ample. There\'s a large supermarket about 10 mins drive away but the smaller one up the road is ample for day to day needs. It\'s cheap enough to just eat out every night anyway and just relax instead of cooking.

We spent a lot of time on an evening at the Vista Playa Apartments ...
just up the road. The food was excellent (the chinese restaurant a few doors down was also really good) as was the entertainment and Cisco the manager was brilliant. (If you\'re easily offended tho, stay away, he can be a bit over the top sometimes). It was my birthday while we were there and he decked all the table out nice for us. A reserved table inside at the front with balloons and stuff and I was up on stage dancing and singing with the ABBA tribute band that was on and I got a lovely yummy chocolate birthday cake complete with candles (all cooked up by my husband, our rep (Theresa) and Cisco. Theresa actually lives there and it was her that reccomended it to us.

Places I\'d reccomend visiting are Cuitadella, Mount Torro, Caves of Xoroi, Fornells, the lighthouse at Cap de Cavelli and ruins. The Thomson excursions in my opinion are a complete waste of money, we did the Mahon/caves excursion, the rest we did ourselves which was much cheaper and much more relaxing.

Finally, it was the best holiday we ever had and we will definitely go back again.

Quick hotel find:
Blancala Apartments  stars Blancala Apartments
Situated in the quieter area of the resort, the Blancala Apartments enjoy spacious accommodation with an excellent seafront position.

Latest Review: Aug 2012

Address: Avinguda de la Platja, 07769 Ciutadella, Spain

Latest Review: Jul 2008

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Cala Blanca

Sagitario Playa Hotel  stars Sagitario Playa Hotel
Well-located in the centre of Cala Blanca, this relaxed hotel offers a welcoming atmosphere with fine accommodation, good facilities and is only a short walk to the small picturesque beach of Cala Blanca.

Latest Review: Aug 2007

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Cala Blanca

Vista Playa Apartments  stars Vista Playa Apartments
The Vista Playa 1 Apartments offer modern, good quality accommodation a short walk from the beach. Shops, bars and restaurants are conveniently close and there is a regular bus service for trips to Ciudadela, approximately five kilometres away.

Latest Review: Sep 2009