Pomorie Club Hotel

75 of 104 hotels in Sunny Beach

3 out of 5 from 37 reviews
Slanchev Bryag, Bulgaria
Refurbished for Summer 2004, hotel Pomorie is extremely well positioned on the edge of the sand dunes which lead on to the long golden beach and just a few minutes walk to the lively resort centre.

37 Reviews

• Good

• Entertainment
  • Food
  • Location
Graham T Little
Dump
1 year 2 months ago
Within 2 days arriving wife food poisoned hospitalised put on drip 2 weeks of hell I thought she was not coming home.pure filth rooms food drinks hotel staff scuffy never ever go back 100 years behind modern world sorry but it true.

Travel operator: Balkan

Hotel tip: Keep away please.

mixed feelings
6 years ago
Arrived at midnight and disappointed at lack of air conditioning. Room basic but clean and towels/sheets changed when needed (sometimes daily). Food was a surprise at first because choice was limited. Breakfast always had eggs, sausage, cheese, beans, toast and jam/honey. "Hot" drinks made in large urns and both were cool and didn't taste like tea or coffee. Hot water had to be microwaved too hot to make tea with own tea bags. OK until microwave broke.

Lunch and evening meals were typically Bulgarian fare using cheapest cuts of meat and chicken, but on tasting was OK. If you want a Continental menu don't go here.

The entertainment was minimal day and evening, only 3 team members. AI spirit drinks would often run out in evening and no more would be brought from cellar. Squashy plastic cups used all the time. Should be glasses in evening. Not enough seating areas for a full hotel in evening although Sunny Beach is great for exploring and viewing huge varied nightlife and walking the 5 mile fabulous white beach in day.

Swimming pool was very cold, but maybe this would be good in July, August. The sunbed cushion man was the rudest, laziest, miserable man I had ever met in 30 years of travelling abroad. He would order people to not turn sunbeds around, never swept pool surround, and was generally ignorant and I even saw him spitting in pool.

Sunny Beach closes last Sunday in September (not told of this by travel agent) and half way through holiday all began closing down and things removed from Hotel and resort, so don't go here after 1st week in September.
9 years ago
I've just got back form Sunny beach after two weeks in the Pomorie hotel. I went with my girlfriend and her parents. When we got to the hotel to check in at the hotel desk the staff was very friendly and helpful and the places is very nice and tidy. We got to the rooms and every room in this hotel is a twin room, we pushed the two single beds together and the maids didn't move them once in the two weeks we stayed. very nice rooms and nice balcony from the rooms but the only bad thing about the rooms was there was no air conditioning. it was always clean everywhere around the hotel. The first night we was shattered and got to there for about 2am local time ad couldn't get to sleep until at least five o'clock because there is a club just across the road with really loud music which doesn't stop until about 5am. after the first night me and my girlfriend got used to it and was so tired every night that we slept through it easily. For the older generation such as my girlfriends parents it was really hard to sleep if you get a beach facing room but if you get a poolside room you don't hear a thing as I got told by the people across the hallway. We all woke up early the second day to get breakfast but the food was very nice at all i got stomach ache from eggs and beans on toast. it was clean apart from birds often flew in the dining area i saw a bird land on someone plate and started pecking at there food while they went for a drink, i didn't go again after that. its is a minutes walk away from the beach. a few minutes away from the main beach front where you can walk and get any thing you wanted to eat because there is such a vast range of restaurants, the hotel is about a 10 mins walk form the sunny beach centre so to say and 15 mins from the bus station where you can get anywhere in Bulgaria more or less. The reason why i gave the location a 3 is purely because of the loud music across the road. i would recommend this hotel but not the food. and try and get a poolside room. It definatly does live up to its expectations of a 3 star hotel im sure if the food was better and it had air-conditioning it would reach the four star mark.

Travel operator: Blakan holidays

Michelle
9 years 2 months ago
we are a family of 4 and we stayed at the pomorie, we had read peoples concerns but thought we would make our own mind up.. We had a good time always got served when we went to the bar 2 drinks at a time thats fine.the cleanliness of the hotel was great clean towels when needed beds changed everything clean all staff said hello and were friendly. HOTEL FOOD was diabolical breakfast ok if you like eggs, boiled, fried, scrammbled oh and also eggie bread!! main meals were all i can describe re-heated SLOP!!! SO MUCH SO I COULD NOT STOMACH IT ANY LONGER (i am totally not a fussy eater) we ate out alot. Location was brill just meters from the beach. the entertainment staff were second to none always something on everyday apart from thursday when it was there day off. We would visit bulgaria again but would totally stay well clear of this HOTEL...

Travel operator: balkan holidays

Philip55
9 years 2 months ago
Just back from this hotel stayed one week and must say that this being my 4th trip in three years to Sunny Beach this was the worse hotel I have stayed in in fact I would say its the worse Hotel I have ever stayed in the say its 3 star while I can except lower standards abroad but a room with no drawers to put your clothes in one small wardrobe a shower with no way to fix it to the wall ,no plugs , only one set of towels ,rooms not cleaned properly no air condition only you can rent a fan from the hotel. Food I know the food is not to our taste in Bulgaria but I always found something to eat not here in fact is was the worse food I have seen no real choices kept running out of things ie milk,coffee,and it all looked like warmed up slops served in a bare inviting room nothing like a restaurant in a hotel wasted my money by going all inclusive, drinks and dectent food very cheap to purchase in Sunny Beach example 50p a pint only good thing about hotel is the poole and grounds and poole bar which is not part of the hotel yes I will be going back to Sunny Beach but not in this hotel

Travel operator: balkan

Donna
9 years 2 months ago
I stayed at this hotel with a friend and 2 kids in June 2009, we had a family room very nice spacious, maid service every day. Breakfast was okay, lunch had variety and so did evening meals (although somtimes got a bit boring to eat from) kids always ate something. Entertainment during the day was good various games to be played poolside, evening entertainment every night parrot shows, dancing and comedy acts. Overall just what i expected for a 3 star hotel, would go back here. Pool is really nice with poolside bar.

Travel operator: Friend & 2 Children

E.chesser
9 years 11 months ago
myself wife daugter partner +two kids 9/6 were there from 6th till20th.on arrival hadto pass only wc for outside your room it was smelling and awash.not a good start breakfast was a mishmash of pig swill,only edibile was hard boiled eggs.lunch and dinner got progressivly worse.only 1 bar of five in hotel served a/i guests at the entertainment end you had to go inside to get 1 single 1/2pint a visit.i found that self catering guests paying cash got better service than the a/i guests ques at a/i bar long and undermaned.those paying were served immediatly(tips)I had to pay for an extra 9 meals per day almost doubleing the holiday price.complaining was a total waste of time.very dour rep said she who inform chef,but to no avail.I had before leaving UK enquired about the food standard of food and cleanlyness.and was ensured that food was 1st class and got them to record my concern.They could not find it ????.If you are going to pomorie 99percent of brochure is lies and the other1 percent is totally false.

Travel operator: balkan travel

9 years 11 months ago
4 adults stayed from 20 Sept 2008 for the longest 14 day of our lives, some guests actualy returned home early (please read)

1000 of people stay at this hotel, restaurant has not got enough tables and area you eat in is no where near big enough.so you better like queing, food is always cold 2 microwaves on stand by ( Qs) if they need microwaves they know food is cold ?
so get used to it because they aint altering years of tradition for money paying tourists. The food ranges from none left to something called yes wait for it (mishmash) we called it slops.
The waiters need a kick up tha behind because they are so slow
and dont give a dam, that is until it is there turn to sit and eat.
In the far corner of restaurant the workforce sit down to eat, there is usualy more sat eating than serving.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
even local shop owners laugh at you when they see the all inclusve pomorie bracelet on you wrist
if you are still considering staying here, like the 4 of us did dont go..................

Travel operator: balkan

Tracey
10 years ago
This is by far the worst all inclusive hotel I have ever stayed in! Firstly none of the rooms have air con and it's so hot that you have to sleep with your balcony door open which means you have to listen to all the loud music as there is a nightclub across the road. The food is awful, the choice & the quality hence we had to eat out every day. Despite there being several bars you can only use one for all inclusive......which leads to an almighty queue every night....and you are only allowed 2 alcoholic drinks at a time.....very time consuming when you are in a party of 10!!!
I was lucky enough to be on holiday with great people and we enjoyed ourselves and had a laugh. The pool was great but the hotel has alot to do before it can be considered a great hotel.....the staff could also do with some manners!

Travel operator: Balkan Holidays

Aamer Younis
10 years ago
If you go with expectations then you are bound to be dissapointed. I read reviews before i went and i went with an OPEN MIND. If you want the Mariott, pay for the Mariott!

This is Bulgaria, a different country with a different culture. The hotel staff are not rude, if you say hello to them they will say hello back, Basic manners. It works both ways. On numerous occasions i got free drinks from the bar even after 11.

If you are nice to them they will be nice to you. It doesn't help when your on holiday surronded by people moaning. Make the most of it. 5 of us went. 4 Adults and 1 child. The entertainment is superb. There is always something on expect on a Wednesday when it is the staffs day off.

The entertainment for the kids is out of the world. The kids will LOVE it. The kids club starts from 10am til 1pm then 3pm til 6pm. You have to sign your child in and the child cannot leave until someone from the staying party signs them out.

Yes there is a problem with the sunbeds. But the early bird catches the worm. It says leaving towels on sunbeds is forbidden. But no one takes any notice and it is no use complaining becuase there is nothing the staff can do. This is down to the guests themselves.

With regards to the food, it is edible, there is always something for someone. I am a fussy eater but i tried everything at least once. This is the only way you will know if you like something. This hotel has to cater for other people not just the brits hence the way the food is the way it is.

The room was cleaned EVERYDAY and clean towels were left. Finnaly the drinks situation. The system for queing up is better than standing at a bar in england and waiting ages for a drink and for the barman to over look you 5 times, at least this way you get your turn!!!

My advice is if you have a problem or a complaint, there are ways to complain. Not shouting the odds. Please and thank you goes along way. If anything i feel sorry for the staff as they have to put up with ranting brits who spoil the holiday for everyone.

This is the first year the hotel is all inclusive, yes the sports bar and the pool bar are franchised but that is set to change when the lease expires at the end of the year. My only complaint would be there was no air con but fans were provided on a night. We had nothing stolen from our room - possibly because we had no problems with the staff. When ever a member of staff saw me they would say hello.

I would go back to Bulgaria tommorow and i WOULD go back to the hotel Pomorie.

Travel operator: Balkan

Recommended

Looking to stay here? You can check the accommodation availability and get the best prices using the link below:

Holiday Truths Forum
Traveltext offers worldwide travel at unbeatable prices
Holiday Truths Forum