15 independent reviews of the Las Palmeras Hotel

Las Palmeras Hotel Las Palmeras Hotel is rated 3.87 out of 5 from 15 Reviews

Las Palmeras Hotel Reviews

"We will not return!"
mccormack stayed at Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola in February 2011
We are just back after a weeks All Inclusive stay. The hotel was clean enough, the food was average - not of four star quality. If you like veal its here for you lunch and dinner everyday!

Location was good, right at the marina. The hotel staff not great at all particularly the bar staff. Our impression was if you were All Inclusive it was a chore to serve you or even get a pleasant attitude but if you were paying for your drinks you were treated completely differently.

The entertainment was non existent except when the local people turned up at the weekend. For all the above reasons, we will not be visiting this hotel again.

Recommended: No

"Cannot fault the hotel or staff"
K Highcock visited the Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola, Spain in November 2010
Just got back from a 3 night stay at this Hotel. The only possible fault I could think of, was there was no evening entertainment. The room was spotless and food was excellent. It overlooked the London bar which was a bit noisy in the early hours but if you keep patio doors closed you couldn't hear anything. I will be booking again for next year.

McLaughlin stayed at Las Palmeras Hotel in July 2008
We have just returned from our holiday (2 adults and boys aged 14 and 16 years).Hotel very clean and spacious,all staff friendly. We had two rooms next door to each other, they were cleaned each day. The food was of good standard. Swimming pool and sun loungers always clean and tidy. The location was excellent, the only noise we heard was when we sat on the balcony in the evening listening to people having a good time. We only went into the bar one evening in the hotel were there was entertainment, so cannot really comment on the entertainment. We would certainly return to this hotel, we enjoyed our stay.

Tour Operator: Hello Holidays

donna had a holiday at Las Palmeras Hotel in June 2008
As we were travelling independantly there were no booking-in Qs to deal with,during our stay there was never a long wait to speak to recpt staff.
Our room on 5th floor was clean and ready for us,as usual I had to request extra pillows. The pillows reached the by the time I walked back from Recpt.great service.
All the staff we dealt with were great,even the ones I tried my very bad spanish on.
We had a side sea/mountain/pool view, yes it did look over a small carpark to the rear but seemed to be a quieter option.
They seemed to be doing some needed refurb work when we were there but it did not disturb us at all.
Food,as a very fussy eater I found something to eat most nights. Quality wise the food was good but the menu did repeat a ...
bit during our 1 week stay.
I can not comment on any entertainment it was a facility we didn\'t use.
We would stay here again

Tour Operator: internet

David Whittaker had a holiday at Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola in January 2008
Having stayed at this hotel 4 times in 18 months I cant fault it. food is excellent. staff are great. and the place is spotlessly clean.the rooms are large and it is in centre of town on the promenade next to all the night life. It can be a bit noisey at night with a few drunks (English)but if you close the door and have a few drinks yourself before bed it aint no problem. also if you book a room at the back its very quiet. A visit to Daltons @ route66
is a must for a great evening out he used to be at the waterfront.

Hope you enjoy your stay

Tour Operator: self booked

Mr & Mrs Smith visited the Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola, Spain in November 2007
On arrival, we were happy with our room, clean with plenty of cupboard space, good sized bathroom and balcony. After our fist night asked to be moved as there was no sun at all on the balcony. Staff very good and on third day moved to 8th floor with room overlooking pool area with sunshine all day. Much happier.
At breakfast plenty of choice and the evening meals good, soup, salads and main courses different fish or meat dishes and fruit/cake/gateaux. Able to help yourself (all buffet style) including fresh prawns/smoked salmon!
Lifts very slow especially 3 by reception.
Hotel opposite harbour, few minutes walks from train/bus station, very central.

Tour Operator: Sky Travel

whitehouse visited the Las Palmeras Hotel in September 2007
Hi we have just returned from this hotel and after reading reviews we were so near to changing it and we are so glad we did not the hotel was great, clean nice rooms staff all great, food was good but after a week did get a little boring but was more then acceptable, the bars outside could be noisy but we were on a high floor and at night with patio doors closed and air con on heard nothing that prevented you from having a good nights sleep, we really could not fault this hotel and would definately go back again, we are well travelled and have been to many differing hotels and this one is fine, you ll enjoy

Tour Operator: independently

Thomas visited the Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola in April 2007
This is the first time we booked our holiday fully independently and will certainly do so in future.

We booked flights and accommodation through Easyjet, and on arrival at Malaga airport took a taxi to the hotel, 45mins from stepping of the plane to starting unpacking .

Our flights both ways were on time and the hotel expected us on arrival. The hotel is very close to Fuengirola , which for access to the town, train station and bus terminus is excellent. The drawback to this however is, there can a lot be of street noise overnight.

The room was a good size and very clean, as was the bathroom which gets top marks for the shower. The hotel building lacks much in the way of charm or character and sadly so do the staff, but that

Tour Operator: Easyjet

Frank & Carole had a holiday at Las Palmeras Hotel in May 2006
Just arrived back from this hotel.

I stayed here before in 1999 and loved it then. I read, with interest the reports on here prior to going and wondered what I had let my girlfriend into.

This hotel is TOP. Ignore all bad notes, messages and reviews. It is the best. Top rooms, wicked food and good staff.

Will quite easily come back here again and plan on doing in October 2006.

Tour Operator: Cosmos

masterson laura stayed at Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola, Spain in April 2006
Hotel Las Palmeras was very clean staff were rather surly looking but helpful enough when approached. Rooms very basic in need of modernization views from balconies spoiled by dirty rooftops covered in pigeon poo and fag ends. Cooking smells linger in reception area also hallways and rooms.

Food ok, location very good but could get very noisy in the hight of summer season due to lots of bars adjacent also every time we left the hotel we were hasselled by bar touts could get annoying.

I think I would rather stay somewhere a bit further from bars next time I visit fuengirola.

Tour Operator: flybe

Sarah had a holiday at Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola, Spain in September 2005
We have stayed in other hotels in Fuengirola and found this to be the best.

Could not really fault anything otherthan abit a noise from the London bar which is to be expected from a bar. This was nothing to do with the hotel and think if we had asked they would have moved us.

The food was far better than expected with a variety of something for everyone.

The pool and area was very good, manned all day by a life guard and security.

Rooms were cleaned daily and left spotless.
Did not see any entertainment but was lead to believe it was very good.

Overall would recommend this hotel to anybody, this hotel has definatley earned it\'s 4 stars.

Tour Operator: Hotelopia.com

Sandra Dudgeon stayed at Las Palmeras Hotel in June 2005
We returned to this resort after a two year gap and have just spent 10 days at this hotel.

The location is excellent as it is central for shops and public transport, however we were given a room which had not been refurbished and it was very basic though clean. The room overlooked the car park which was full of wrecked cars and it did not encourage us to sit out on it as we normally like to do at some point each day.

We found some of the hotel staff were surly and were in one or two cases actually rude.

The evening entertainment also left a lot to be desired and apart from the flamenco nights it was more suited to children.

I accept that the hotel is in the process of refurbishment but until this is completed and the management ...
give their staff some customer services training, it should be downgraded to 2 star.

Tour Operator: Arranged through internet

Daniel Mc Credie had a holiday at Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola, Spain in May 2005
We stayed at this hotel at the advice of the travel agent, I had just been recovering from a heart attack and the local was nice and flat for walking which it was, that I'm afraid was the only good thing about the place, I should have kept on walking the first night as far away from this hotel as I could get.

The noise from the local bars was deafing with the glass doors to the balcony jumping in the runners when we mentioned this to Mr Chuckles at the desk, he offered us a pair of ear plugs, at no charge, there was no respite during the day as they were renovating apartments and working on a hotel over the road as well as the local council diging up the sidewalks.

I worked with riviters years ago and this ...
place was noisier, there was a permenent smell of cooking at the enterance the meals were terrable inedable and we ate out every night the worst holiday I have ever had.

The one thing in its favour were the rooms they were huge and spotless which was just as well as we spent most nights on the balcony watching the fights outside the bars.

The waiters from the chinese next to the place all got the jail for fighting in the street opposite, the best entertainment we had all week as the provided entertainment was of the 1950's butlins variety my nerves were shattered I neaded a holiday when I got back I would hate to see this place in high season.

Tour Operator: Airtours

Ron Williams had a holiday at Las Palmeras Hotel, Fuengirola in December 2004
We selected this hotel several years ago because of where it is situated - we play bridge and there is an excellent Bridge Club 10 to 15 minutes walk away which meets five and sometimes six times a week.

We have been back frequently and intend to go back again - is it the Bridge or is it the Hotel?

We find the hotel adequate in every way - not over the top in anything although some of the entertainment was excellent and other not. But that depends on the taste, age, ability and aptitude of the guest in question! And my wife and I are getting on a bit.

The food is nothing to write home about either to praise or to criticise but it is good, wholesome and well presented. The dining room staff is polite, friendly and helpful in all ...
respects.

The chamber maids are hard working and effective in producing clean rooms, linnen and towelling.

The position of the hotel is excellent - right on the prom and across from the beach. And the hotel offers many facilities that would probably appeal to those younger than we are.

We stayed over Christmas and New Year and enjoyed the Gala Dinner that was laid on for each of those occasions - but we declined to very modern dancing that followed!

There was a certain amount of re-furbishing going on (we understand floor by floor) but this caused us no inconvenience as there was little or no noise. We had requested a re-furbished room and found it a great improvment on last year\'s room - double glazing is now the norm.

We are of the opinion that the hotel has a star too many, we would award it 3* but everything about it is conducive to a good holiday - our style - and the proximity of bars, caffs, clubs, shops, the Sunday market, sand, sea and sun must surely combine to give every individual of whatever age the opportunity to secure the sort of holiday desired.

Would we go yet again? Most certainly, yes. And we would do our own booking of accommodation, transport, flights and transfers. Save pounds!

Tour Operator: none

Liz Snell had a holiday at Las Palmeras Hotel in November 2004
Thoroughly enjoyed this break in November, the hotel was ideally located.

We were pleasantly surprised with the weather which was warm even in November but the nights were chilly.

The hotel had just been refurbished and our rooms were superb the only thing missing were tea making facilities.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Tour Operator: First Choice