33 independent reviews of the Aloe Hotel
Ranked #29 of 61 hotels in Paphos

Aloe Hotel Aloe Hotel is rated 3.67 out of 5 from 33 Reviews

Aloe Hotel Reviews

phil and chris had a holiday at Aloe Hotel, Paphos in November 2009
we could find no fault with the aloe.the room was basic[no different to other hotels we have stayed in]balcony was a decent size we had a side sea view.cleaned daily.food was ok.staff friendly,location excellent plenty pubs left and right of hotel the cheapest being to the left never stopped in for the entertainment.this was latest we have come to cyprus and found the clientele to be on the older side so there were plenty of sun beds could be different in mid summer.best part of the holiday was a jeep safari,chris our driver took us to see his family in the mountains and the village elders who opened up the church for us to look at[the real cyprus priceless]would we go back yes.

andrews visited the Aloe Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in April 2009
Have just returned from a weeks stay at the Aloe Hotel
and can honestly say I will not be going back there.
I have stayed in Paphos many times in different hotels/apartments/villas and on this occasion decided to stay at the Aloe as the reviews I read on this site were OK and Thompsons gave it a 4T rating.

I knew the location and have stayed nearby the Aloe in the past and it looks a decent hotel on the exterior.Until you go through the doors.
Dark,dismal lobby. Our room was seaview(the only good thing about it) and the furniture was old,tired and grubby.Mould on the bedside lamps and curtains.Dirty carpets(my grandsons feet were black from running around the room with no sandals),spring on side of mattress breaking through,broken/taped up tv remote,cot from the \'ark\'.
Bathroom was not bad.Shower was faulty but got that fixed.Towels ...
were changed everyday.
Can only repeat what other people have said about the safe/mini bar.
No tea/coffee making facilities,one English speaking tv channel.

Breakfast was OK but as soon as it is 10 am thats it.
The tiredness extends to outside especially the childrens play area which was overgrown with a hole in the side hedge which led into the field next door.Not very secure.

Entertainment non existent and one large lobby area to sit in with a tv in one section and small shop.

Didn\'t eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food.
Plenty of good restaurants within 5-10 min walk.

If you stay here don\'t expect 4 star.More like 2.

Tour Operator: thompsons

Shirley Greenwood had a holiday at Aloe Hotel in September 2008
The cleanliness of rooms and all other areas was excellent. Don\'t use fridge as you will get charged for it. Particularly liked clean towels every day and the provision of towels for the pool. The buffet breakfast was available for three hours and the food excellent with very good choice. Tables were cleared instantly. Only ate once at night in the hotel, a BBQ round the pool. Again, the choice was very good. Only a small gripe really, not much good if you want evening entertainment. Hotel is only a 15-20 minute stroll to the harbour, beware the dodgy pavements though. All in all a comfortable, relaxing place to stay.

Tour Operator: Olympic

d.renshaw stayed at Aloe Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in August 2008
hotel reception and staff very freindly and helpful would rate this as four star, rooms very basic and only rate as two star, if you leave the air con on all day bed feels damp, if staying for two weeks go half board first week and bed breakfast second week and eat out, food not very good as it is repeated,as stated in other reveiws if you use the fridge you will be charged, if you want to use it ask reception to empty it and then you can fill it, if you go in school holiday as we did be prepared to be down at the pool for 6.30 to claim your sunbed.
notices at the pool side say that you cannot reserve sunbeds but nobody took any notice, dont be afraid to move sunbeds and parasols to other positions, excellent pool for kids.

Tour Operator: first choice

Walter stayed at Aloe Hotel, Paphos in March 2008
The hotel was 1st class.
It was strange finding out that 80-90% of the guests staying in the hotel were senior citizens from the UK. However this was for the good as we both knew that the food would have to be of a very high standard to please them and we were not disappointed.
The breakfast is held over a 3 hour period and it is just a matter of helping yourself to whatever type of buffet breakfast took your fancy with the staff removing dishes whilst you went for your next helping. The same appied for the 3-course evening dinner and each nigh had a different theme but all producing the same high standard and choice. I personally could not get enough of the banana ice-cream which was lovely. The hotel rooms are very clean and the outside ...
swimming pools and surrounding area was big and very clean with no shortage of sunbeds. Only downside was the lack of tea facilities in the bedrooms, the charge for safety deposits keys for the room safes and the charge of Euros 2.50 per day if you were caught using the minibar fridge to cool your own drinks or food. The bar lounge sells plenty of cocktails and beers at Euros 3-5 each and the lunch menu (used once beacause of departure times) is as good as the dinner menu.The hotel will charge you a daily rate should you use the minibar for your own drinks or food so be aware. Also they charge for the use of the room safe key. They provide large towels for daily use at the pool which does help resolve the problem of too much luggage.

Tour Operator: Own Arrangements

ali visited the Aloe Hotel, Paphos in March 2008
hotel overall good. food ok and cheaper than eating out going half board. clean and tidy, good service. not to far from main town and good location. do not use minibar to store your own drinks or u get charged. pool area v good but prob v busy in summer , weayher just right not to hot around 23-26 degrees just right, staff ok would go back

John stayed at Aloe Hotel, Paphos in January 2008
Travelled with Mercury to this hotel. Had a seaview single room. Have been to this hotel on numerous occasions and will definitely return in the future.

Highly recommended.

Tour Operator: Mercury

Thelma visited the Aloe Hotel in December 2007
I couldnt fault this hotel.We stayed for one week over Christmas and were well looked after by the hotel staff. Nothing was too much trouble. There was entertainment at the hotel if you didnt want to go out in the evening. We will go back but definatley not in the summer. A nice winter resort for us.

Tour Operator: Medhotels

Karen Smith stayed at Aloe Hotel, Paphos in June 2007
This hotel offered everything you could need. The hotel is ideally situated for getting into resort for an excellent choice of restaurant. The rooms are fine, we stayed road side of the hotel which would have been loud without air con , but we slept like logs beause of it.

The pools were great, the bar relaxing and the lunch at the pool bar fine.

we would easily retrn here and have nothing bad to say.

Cyprus is expensive but probably good value for money.

Tour Operator: First Choice

jayne visited the Aloe Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in June 2007
I would recommend this hotel. We stayed B & B and the food was varied and plentiful. Our room was large and very clean with air con. The location of the hotel is fantastic. it is only a couple of minutes walk to the bars and shops and 15 minutes walk to the harbour. It is so busy if you stayed for a month you wouldn\'t have enough time to sample all the bars and restaurants. The pool was one of the best I have seen.There was never a shortage of sun loungers but we went in term time, I don\'t know if it would be like that in the holidays.The hotel entertainment was dire, but being so close to everything you don\'t need to sit through it.I would definitely visit the Aloe again!

Tour Operator: thompson

elsie phillips stayed at Aloe Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in May 2007
This was our first visit to Paphos and the Aloe Hotel,if I had read some of the reports before booking I would have had second thoughts but I can't believe that some of the comments relate to this hotel at all.

We stayed a week on a bed and Breakfast basis and were lucky enought to get a room next door to each other with a side view of the sea which we were very happy with.

We found the rooms to be very clean and of adequate proportions but accept that it seems a bit mean to charge for the fridge and safe deposit box.

We found the breakfast to be excellent and very varied from cereal to a full English and help yourself to as much as you want we had hardly sat down before we were being asked what ...
we wanted to drink and it had been delivered to your table before you got back with your food.

What impressed me about the hotel is that it is very spacious inside and out you can sit and be quiet or you can socialise in another lounge.Each evening they had a theme night which was French, Italian, Greek etc and for B & B guests they could book for 10 cyprus pounds which was very good value as it was costing that and more to eat outside.

The food was buffet style with 4 courses to choose from but many dishes making up each course so you could eat as much or as little as you wanted from each, during the day we favoured the Yemen Bar just along from the hotel as they were very friendly and obliging.

The entertainment left a lot to be desired but the kareoke night was a hit with a great compere.The situation of the hotel was perfect within a short walk of shops,bars and restaurants and the Port.

As everyone seems to agree the pool area was really big with plenty of chairs and parasols we never had trouble finding somewhere to sit any time of the day, but that was in May.

The hotel staff were very pleasant but never really had any reason to communicate with them as we didnt encounter any problems. The Thompsons rep was in the hotel on a regular basis and if we needed any information she was only too happy to help.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel but would point out that if you are looking for evening entertainment you wont find it at the Aloe.

Tour Operator: Thompsons

Dave Riley had a holiday at Aloe Hotel, Paphos in January 2007
I stayed in this hotel on my own for a week leaving family behind so I could search for property in Paphos. Hotel at this time of year is full of oap`s mainly on saga holidays.

I was regarded with a certain amount of suspicion being a lone traveller especially at meal times constantly being asked for my room number.

The hotel itself is nice enough but old fashioned, the maid comes in everyday. They seem pretty hung up about the mini bar fridge constantly checking to see if you have used it or are using it for your own drinks and if you are you will be charged up to

Tour Operator: first choice

Elenor stayed at Aloe Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in November 2006
Hotel itself was lovely, situated close to the bars and a reasonable distance from the beach/seafront.

Although we were half board we ate out for 5 out of the seven days that we were there. The second night that we dined in the hotel I found a very long hair in my meal from the buffet, we ate out for the remainder of our holiday. We were not impressed with service at breakfast, we asked three times for tea and coffee kept being bypassed and in the end had to ask the restuarant manager if we could get served.

Tour Operator: FlyThomsons

Sally Spencer had a holiday at Aloe Hotel, Paphos in October 2006
We enjoyed our stay at the Aloe...its not the best hotel we\'ve ever stayed in but it was clean, well maintained and with very good facilities.

We had a side sea view room so it was quiet and peaceful; we overlooked an adjoining field and could see the sea to the right. Our room was cleaned thoroughly everyday, fresh towels most days and clean bed linen 3 times in the week. The decor in places is tired but it didn't affect our holiday.

We really had excellent breakfasts everyday - huge variety from continental style, pastries, croissants, cereals, cooked English, pancakes plus lots more and lots of juice, fresh tea and coffee. Didn\'t eat lunch or evening dinner at the hotel so cant comment on these.

The hotel is well situated, convenient for the harbour - a 15 minute stroll, with lots ...
of good bars and restaurants nearby. Its got a great pool area, plenty of space with lots of sunbeds.

All the hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them. The bar area was nice but the entertainment was not our cup of tea so we avoided that.

Tour Operator: Thomsons

lynne & charlie had a holiday at Aloe Hotel in September 2006
Had a very enjoyable holiday at Aloe Hotel,very relaxing, beautiful pool & plenty choice of sunbeds to be had.

At breakfast you had loads to choose from. Have read comments about toast machine. If everybody filled it when they were there, people would not have to queue for their toast!

We had a double room with seaview even though you are on the main road it is not noisy,lots of nice restaurants nearby within a short walking distance.

Found staff to be very helpful,room was cleaned every day fresh towels also. Entertainment was alright kareoke night was very popular.

We will definately be going back next year.

Seamus Campbell visited the Aloe Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in June 2006
I looked up some of the reviews on the Aloe Hotel before I travelled and was a little concerned about some aspects.

However, after a lovely holiday; I could not fault the hotel at all.

The room was large enough, cleaned every day with new towels supplied, and the breakfast had everything you could ask for.

Not only did it have a beatiful outdoor pool area, the indoor pool and fitness centre was excellent as well.

I really cant see where the review complaints could be justified and I would definitely recommend the Aloe.

Tour Operator: First Choice

Dave & Sarah visited the Aloe Hotel in November 2005
This was our second visit to the Aloe.

And our third time in Paphos. We did notice this time however that the hotel was noisier than last time, mainly due to the amount of wedding functions that were held there. we were B&B however we heard several older guests complaining that they were moved out of the main restaurant into the breakfast area for dinner when a wedding was taking place.

Not really fair and I would agree with previous reports about this matter.

Another new practice seems to be the local more well heeled youths tearing up and down the main road at night like \"The fast & furious\"!!!! only a matter of time before somebody is killed.

That aside we are planning to visit again at the end of January 07\'.

We will probably stay at the Aloe as we know the hotel, ...
and despite a few minor niggles it is good value for money.
I would like to remind the whingers in other reports that yes it does have 4 stars by Cypriot standards not UK standards and also would they like to work out the cost of staying in a similar hotel back home!

A lot more than they paid for the whole holiday flights and all I\'ll bet!

Anyway I would\'nt let it ruin my holiday.

Cyprus is a beautiful island and the people are amongst the nicest I have encountered anywhere in the world. Chill out you are on Cyprus time.....

Tour Operator: Thomson

Ricky Hever had a holiday at Aloe Hotel in August 2005
Myself and my partner stayed at the Hotel Aloe in August 2005.

We found the hotel not to live up to its four star rating but it is still a very good 3 star.

The Hotel is ideally located to Bar street which is around a ten minute walk away down the main street, which is directly outside the hotel. The restaurants and shops are also a close walk away so location wise the hotel scores highly.

On trying to work out how the hotel scored a 4 star rating, I can only put this down to the Pool area which is very attractive, lots of sunbeds but lots of sunbed reserving which is a liberty when many people were not rolling out until gone 9 o\'clock.

The rooms are adequate, we had two single beds put together which was not what ...
we expected, the rooms also charge extra for use of the fridge 17.50C which is not worth the money as the fridge is tiny. The rooms are not four star standard, but are acceptable for a three star.

Overall the Aloe is a clean hotel in a good location, the reception area is very nice however the rooms could do with updating.

We stayed BB and the selection of breakfast was good, the drinks were expensive which is to be expected.

I will not be coming back to Paphos in the near future, for the price it cost me for two weeks in Paphos I could of payed a small fraction more and stayed in the Caribbean.

The Cypriots do not need our money and I found them to be the least friendliest hosts.

Tour Operator: LIBRA

Bev Moore had a holiday at Aloe Hotel, Paphos, Cyprus in August 2005
In August of this year myself and my husband stayed at the Aloe on a half board basis this was our first time in Cyprus.

The hotel itself was very clean and maid service every day, clean towels every other day bed linen twice a week.

With three restaurants one of which was open around the pool,buffet breakfast with a good choice, every other night is waiter service in the main restaurant with good menu. Basically something for everyone.

To say the Aloe is on a main road it`s not that noisy and with the beach just across the road.

Staff are helpful and all speak very good English.

One thing we did like was wine with your meal or any other food or drink you have you can put it on your room number and pay at the end of your ...
holiday, that means you don`t have to have a lot of cash on you.

We loved is hotel we have booked to go back in May 2006 we are also taking our daughter, son-inlaw and our grandson who will be 18 months it will be great.

Tour Operator: Thomson

steve visited the Aloe Hotel in July 2005
Having read reviews of this hotel before we travelled I was aware of a few shortcomings. My eyes were open to the silly practice of charging extra for the use of the fridge and the safety deposit box in the room.

My partner and I have two children so we had booked a family room with a sea view. The view was unimportant to us really we just wanted a room suitable for our two week stay, which included our marriage!

The room was awful. The walls clearly had stains on them, not properly cleaned. But beyond that, it just wasn\'t what could be described as a room suitable for a family. Added to this the cot was broken, and underneath the matress we found a toothbrush and a good smattering of crumbs.

We had arrived late on sunday night so we ...
waited until the morning to attempt being moved, the kids were shattered.

We were promptly moved, to a better room with ample space.

We booked our wedding meal for our 30 guests in the hotel. A beautiful setting and lovely food, though they did miss an entire course out and gave everyone the wrong steaks......you know i asked for well done and its got blood everywhere. The waiting staff seemed, how can I put this politely, not very good.As in they

The room we booked for our honeymoon was ok. However being woken at 9am on the morning after our wedding by a member of hotel staff insisting she had to check out the mini bar contents.........and being quite pushy about it too.
Then there was the guy who had been checked into our room. We\'re all half naked door opens, guy walks in with case.

Now many people Im sure enjoy this place and book year after year.But, we wont be back. The trouble is we were treated badly when we complained. They just told us no one else complained! A bunch of flowers, a bottle of wine, even an apology, but, nope.

Its certainly not worthy of 4 stars in anyones book. When you walk in the foyer is nice.. The pool is nice. And thats all its got going for it.

Tour Operator: cyplon